Skip to main content

Bringing Crazy Back

 Gurrrrll....Momma is back.

It's been a hot minute.

Ok. It's been about 12 years.

What's new? These triplets are 15, y'all. FIFTEEN. And big sister is a senior in high school. I blinked. 

The truth is, I stopped blogging because in 2012 I fell into a pretty deep pit. I went into a depression that made zero sense at the time and convinced me I was done writing for fun. After a couple years of counsel with Christian professionals, some pretty decent meds and a new grip on who I am as a daughter of Christ, I climbed out of that pit. My new life verse ever since has been Psalm 40:1-2 "I waited patiently for the Lord. He turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand."

And I am not just standing. I have been running.
I started literally running right before I turned 40 in 2018. I am working my way up to a half marathon. It's crazy how much fun I have been having by getting up early and running several days a week for the past four to five years. 
I also got a new job. In December, 2018 I started working as a client services manager for my local pregnancy center. I see pregnant women and new moms and do parenting classes and sometimes even a Bible study. We moved our office to a brand new location in August, 2021 and added an ultasound machine. I get to talk to women about their choices and love on them. We love them despite their choices. We gently guide them to choose life. But God has given me such a compassion for these mommas....even the ones who we never see again because they likely chose not to be a mom. My compassion for hurting women has been like a tidal wave since I had that occupancy in the pit. I look at life, people and motherhood in general so much differently than I had the last time readers scrolled through my posts.

If you haven't noticed, I changed the name of this blog. It's no longer "Triplets Make Six." This platform is "Mom's NOT Crazy." During that bad stretch of emotions I had during my kids' elementary and middle school years, I felt crazy. I often said outloud with tears, "Why am I so crazy?" 
Truth is, I am NOT crazy. I am who God says I am. He has called me to look at other "crazy" women and let them know they have value and they are important. I act crazy. I get kind of crazy when I parent. (Ask my girls.) But one thing that does not define who I am inside is crazy. 

So, girl, welcome back.
Welcome back to blogs about it all when it comes to being a mom who thinks she is going to lose her crap from one day to another. Whether your babies are still babies or are hormonal, messy and complicated but beautiful teens like mine, I got your back. 
You're not doing this alone. Hop in the passenger seat, 'cause we going for quite a ride.
You can follow me through video clips, reels and other crazy stuff on my new intsgram page, "Moms_not_crazy05. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Relationships in Elmo and Mr. Noodle. Boots and Dora. Ricky and Lucy?

Ok. I admit it. I analyze everything. I think too much about things. But I guess that is what writers do. And I really think that is what mommys do. Well, most of us, anyhow... A friend sent me a blog about a mommy's plea with Dora to stop annoying her. It was hilarious. It was so funny that it made me think about returning to blogging. And if you read two blogs back you see why. I have to share with you my thoughts about children's shows and the matrimony of sidekicks. All of these have one thing in common. Realtionships. There's Dora and Boots. Elmo and Zoe. Elmo and Mr. Noodle. Elmo and Dorothy the Fish. There's Blue and Steve. There's Bob and Wendy (as in The Builder). And I could go on and on. And then there's Lucy and Ricky and Lucy and Ethel. My kids have found a new interest in old episodes of "I Love Lucy." I had stated on Facebook that not even Dora or Elmo can keep their attention the way these black and white classics from the 1950s

Barbie's single, but my girls are "married"

The girls are just overwhelmingly growing up. I know that sounds odd...but at 3 years old these triplets seem to be leaping into childhood's next level. Don't get me wrong -- they still return to the two-year-old moments of "Mine!" and "Noooooo!" However, they are growing. It is sometimes scary to me. I'm being completely honest. Our conversations are more intense. They ask all kinds of questions. They communicate with each other in such a grown up way...my husband said the other night "I was listening to (Tiny) and (FunnyGirl) talking to each other and though 'Wow. They are talking really well and they're having real conversations." Even their playtime is maturing. Instead of running with baby dolls and throwing them on the floor, they now understand the concept of nurturing them -- Tiny was always doing this, but now they each place the babies in a bed, neatly cover them, "calm" them, and insist that everyone in the room

Patience is a tissue --- or a cup of milk

And so two year-old Funnygirl tells the five-year-old Princess this morning "You need patience, honey." Funny how the two year-old gets that. Patience is hard on a kid. My kids are needless to say, not the best at waiting. The first example is the breakfast table: "Mommmeeeee! I need my cuppy!" "I want my Cheerios!" "Bitie-mans! I need my Bitie-mans!" (translation - vitamins -- which are gummy and look like candy. You'd want one, too.) Princess, as the oldest has struggled with patience the most. And she has learned the most. She had to be patient when mommy spent weeks in teh hospital with those babies in her belly. She had to be patient when we spent ALOT of time feeding those little rascals. She has had to be patient when the triplets are into danger and I need to run to them instead of clasp that toy necklace around her neck. "But mooooom! Help meeeee!" She gets it honest. My sister and I are champion whiners and im